View Single Post
Old 07-16-2004, 07:59 PM

Default The Definitive PT 6.4 Bug List

Hello,

I usually start a new post when I find a bug or erradic behavior in Protools. But there are sooo many of them lately that it seems like like Im posting something new everyday. And then Im always going into a rant because I find them at the worst possible times and it drives me crazy. Maybe we can all post things we are finding, and maybe some of them will be user error or someone could offer a fix or workaround.

I think this should also include OSX issues as well cuz a few of the things Im finding I think are PT/OSX interactions. Also, if a topic has been discussed already, a simple synopsis of the behavior and a link to the main post would suffice i think. Finally, it would be great for people to reply that that have seen similar behavior or have not to weed out system specific bugs. Lets try to stick to PT 6.3.2 and higher as well. So anyway, I'll start:

--Option-K (toggle auto-input/all-input) is very unstable. Sometimes I hit it 3 or 4 times in a row while record enabled and nothing changes. I have even looked at the menu command and anything having to do with monitoring is grayed out. Some mousing around usually brings it back up. And now Im also used to ALWAYS having to hold OPTION and hit K twice in a row for it to take affect, i.e. switch from auto-input to all-input.

Random grayed-out edit functions like copy and paste for no rhyme or reason. Some mousing or clicking around usually brings the edit commands back to life.

Noise spike/click at the end of recorded regions. This one has me baffled. Why PT would add a click 60samples before the end of the region perplexes me. The main post is here

Arrow keys bug which is here

I have many more, but figure Ill start slow and see if there is interest in this thread and if it grows.
thanks
MT
•••DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE•••
•Use & Trust ř Cancellation!•