View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Default Pro Tools 10 CPU Overload

Hello Everyone,

I know there may already be posts about this on here but I just want to make mine specific to my issue.

My computer specs should be posted on my profile. I posted them at the bottom of this thread.. I just signed up today so hopefully they are visible to anyone reading this.

My issue is this. I open a session from template, for example, a jazz template. I take out the template MIDI drum track, get rid of the template plug in, and replace it with a Kontakt5 to play and record a track of my own.

On another track I insert Guitar Rig 5 with a bass amp preset. GUitar Rig 5 can be CPU heavy. but the preset I am using is not in this case.

Next thing I know there is a message saying something about CPU overload and to remove Native plug ins. So I remove the rest of the pre inserted template plug ins. This now leaves me with Kontakt5 and Guitar Rig 5.

The first time today, I had the two I mentioned, GUitar RIg 5 and Kontakt5, plus a synth plug in and the whole system jammed up. It made a glitch sound and I couldn't CtrlAltDelete out of it. Everything froze up while it made this sound. I had to hit the power on my computer to shut it down.

After that I rebooted and reopened the session. I could not even play along with the bass and drum tracks for more than a few seconds before the CPU overload box popped up again.

I adjusted buffers and processors in the playback engine tab. I shut off my WIFI and bluetooth.

Any suggestions???? This really does suck. Thanks in advance.

HP Envy14 i5 1110nr
Windows7 Home
Seagate Solid State Hybrid 750GB 7200RPM
8GB RAM
NativeINstruments Komplete Audio6
ProTools 10

Last edited by trebot000; 09-08-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: needed topost systemspecs