View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 06:12 PM

Default Stereo Width and Panning

Hello all new to the forum. Let me start by saying I can get around pro tools and understand the fundamentals but I am by no means an engineer, I am just a musician who uses pro tools for writing.

Ok so now everyone knows what your dealing with. lol

I can't figure out for the life of me how to take a mono guitar track and turn it into a wide stereo track other then of course....having two separate takes.

I have used with best success Mod Delay III on an AUX bus and setting one side to 0 delay and 0 feedback. I have set the other side to roughly 7ms of delay and no feedback and this does gives kind of stereo image but there is still center info.

I have played with various stereo plugins with virtually the same results and I can never get a really wide stereo field when listened to in headphones.

I am sure I am totally missing something here and someone will be wondering how dense can this guy be but again, I use pro tools mostly for writing, not for engineering.

Is there some setting in pro tools I don't have set right maybe or I am using the wrong procedure within pro tools?

If some one could please point me in direction I would be really grateful.

Thanks

Last edited by Rhodesholar; 02-06-2018 at 06:27 PM.