View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:58 PM

Default Re: AIR Disrespects Pro Tools Customers

This is the biggest load of crap I have ever read. Welcome to the real world. You get paid the big bucks to perform well, not just perform.
Ok so you design some decent software, what do you want a pat on the back, a star? Give me a break man, what is this 5th grade?

Software is not cheap so when you pay a lot of money you expect to get what you paid for. Your post sounds like one big excuse for all of AIR's let downs. Your attitude is not constructive and its a shame that it would be directed at the people who BUY the products, a pure shame.
People at the DUC are pissed off because AIR is constantly not meeting expectations. We are no longer in 1995, consumers are computer savy, competition is fierce and people know what to expect.
I read a thread on DUC in which a user was pissed off because there was no "next patch" button in Structure (http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=234625). Now if I paid $500 dollars for a sampler that didn't have that I think I'd have every right to be that pissed, if not more. Especially when the direct competition (halion, esx24 & kontakt) all have the feature.
The bottom line, we don't need your excuses. AIR is associated with Pro Tools, the industry standard. Users expect the absolute best from them, if that's not met then they have every right to complain, if features aren't there it needs to be said. If action is not happening fast enough they need to make noise so it does.

You are dealing with professionals here. This is how we feed our families, how we secure our futures, how we pay college tuitions. We don't need products that make that hard on us. So the next time you choose to disrespect customers with that nonsense you posted think about AIR owning up to their responsibility as a software manufacturer and own up to your faults so we can fix things and makes things better. And I know this wasn't posted by AIR directly but its on the front page of the blog as if they were happy someone was saying it, its a damn shame. Stop whining and leave your excuses at home.