View Single Post
Old 02-28-2020, 07:10 AM

Default Re: Reason 11 in Windows as VST3

I use the MOXF also.. fantastic underrated hardware with the full motif expanded set, just some small things missing like aftertouch (but I have that with my AN1X anyway ).

Glad to read Reason has been relatively stable for you with VST. Personally, I left it after a brief stint cause at the time it lacked ADC (and it's still not really done properly as visual compensation for latent effects and automation compensation is missing, which PT does both). The other reason was the abysmal performance vs EVERY other daw on the same mac. It's just playing catch up now with it's new buffer system. What people could never seem to understand when they were telling me reason (at the time) processed everything at 64 buffer block size regardless of setting, was that I was getting double or more performance in cubase at the time before asio guard was invented, at 64 buffer.. which means cubase was at 64 buffer the whole time too. I just gave up as it all got very nasty, and from the demo of version 10 (not 11, yet), it was still the most overall inefficient DAW on the market for me. Note, I had a brand new imac pro then, not the previous computers I had tested on. so....Can't all be faulty macs.

This is why I think their midi out idea is kind of brilliant. It is leaving all the plugin performance hosting to the main DAW, and allowing you to use all of reason's light built in devices in the plugin itself.. You didn't comment on the midi out which surprised me, so I thought maybe you missed it? Isn't this an acceptable workaround with what they added in the just released 11.2?