View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 03:57 PM
Avid

Default Re: cs3 - yes, it is there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syn-g View Post
Well this was a complete waste of time. First off after installing I get Pro Tools quiting before it even opens the session. Then after trashing all my prefs and digi setups, i get -9162 errors. After 10 restarts, I GIVE UP.
Going back to v.8cs2.
Man what is going on at digi these days. v.8 is highly unstable (by PT standards). I crash at least 3 times per day. The new GUI makes me work much harder to accomplish the same things I did in v.7. Now we get this version that won't even open, claiming to fix a slew of bugs that should have never been released in the first place.
My faith in the programmers at digi is really begining to be tested.

PTHD6
Intel MacPro 2.8ghz Quad Xeon / 6gigs ram/ PE6R4 Expansion Chassis w/Core,2 accel,3 process cards
I want to try to help you - you should definitely NOT be getting that many crashes - but I'll need your help.

Please send me any recent crash reports, as well as a description of what you're doing when the crashes occur. I'll also need a system profile (in as much detail as possible - see the Help Us Help You thread for details) and a list of installed plug-ins (you can get the plug-in version generator from the General Troubleshooting thread).

Please send them to: vi [at] digidesign [dot] com

Give me a few days to be able to get to it - there's a lot going on right now and I have a rather full queue at the moment, but I'm confident I can get your system into better shape than what you're experiencing currently.

One quick question - are you using DSP Caching? If so, please disable it and let me know if the problems still occur (you can disable it in the very lower right corner of the System Usage window - it's a little arrow drop-down box).