View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 12:09 PM

Default PTF with Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56

Long time Cubase user looking to see what the fuss is about.

I finally got around to grabbing PTF today but I'm having some issues getting it up and running.

The install seemed to go fine. On first run, I got the -6117 error. Updated the driver for the Liquid 56 to the latest and then it seemed to open fine other than not picking up a few plugin licences (not important for now).

Nothing really seems to work though. When I click on pretty much anything it hangs for several minutes before completing the task.

I can create an audio track but it takes at least 2 minutes to appear. Once there I can see all my inputs and outputs as expected but when I change them it hangs for several minutes.

I can arm for recording but get an error whenever I click on the play button. (Can't communicate with saffire) I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both PTF and the saffire driver.

I'd like to try using it on a session so I can get used to PT in general. I haven't used PT since 7.4

System Specs:
Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 - Firmware v2761 Mix control 3.7 (latest avail)
Core i7 4770
16G Ram
256G SSD
2TB WD Black HDD
Windows 7 (64bit)

Everything works fine in Cubase and Ableton and Premiere and Audacity etc. etc.

Question 2 about PTF: (only relevant if I can get it working at all)
Are all the audio files (wav or aiff) stored locally or only in the cloud? I assume they have to be local in order to manipulate anything in real time. Would it be possible to record for example a drum kit in PTF and then just pull the raw audio to whatever other DAW for editing/mixing?