View Single Post
Old 10-24-2016, 01:17 PM

Default Re: What's so special about clip effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanrichard View Post
OK, a real world example. You have an acoustic guitar track. The guitarist was punched in during the recording, but during the punch-in he was a little closer to the mic and there is a bit more proximity effect. You can EQ and set volume during the punch-in section, and make it sound identical to the rest of the track without having to create a separate track to do it. And you can keep all of the track-based FX the same.

Perhaps you want a drum pattern and you want all FX the same, except the EQ different during the verses. Trivial to do with Clip FX.

EQ a singer differently during different sections. And so on.
Equally trivial to do with AudioSuite. I too don't really get what is so great about Clip FX - perhaps as a temp? In all the examples you give, I'd have zero problem with making those corrections permanent in AS.

My main problem with Clip FX right now is that all systems that load your project have to be 12.6 or higher. For Post, that feels a long way off. For someone either using only a small number of known suites or just working alone, I see it as another option that might be suited for particular tasks, but it still feels pretty un-essential to me.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM