View Single Post
Old 03-25-2020, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Using Zoom meeting and screen sharing PT audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by AE View Post
if you don't need to use an interface (in particular, if you don't need to record), you can select the zoom driver for the pro tools playback engine. i used this configuration for 4 hours of classes yesterday, and it works fine. super easy to manage.

soundflower (or blackhole) plus ladiocast (or loopback) will also work, but it's likely more complex than you need. ladiocast will occasionally drop a connection, which is a minor pain. these configurations will offer more options but are not necessarily useful for you.

if you need to use your interface (for example, if recording), you can create an aggregate i/o with the zoom driver plus your interface. it's a little tricky but doable.

if you're using an HD system, source-nexus is the only solution i'm aware of.
Not quiet. A cheap and reliable solution is to simply run the output of your interface into a cheap USB interface line in. Set the USB interface as the source for OBS, Skype, ZOOM, whatever, and you're free to use your main interface and Pro Tools in a normal manner.

Using a second interface is usually more reliable (and freeing) than dealing with virtual cables.

But if your interface has loopback built in, that's also an easy way to do it.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio