View Single Post
Old 02-29-2016, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Another "11R for live use" thread :)

I use my 11R live almost all the time. I also go Direct to FOH and just use the monitors to....monitor. Here is the Kicker though: I'm a Bass player so I don't have a lot of different things going on all the time. I may use a little Chorus, maybe a little overdrive, and occasionally, a little Flange. I set up all my "tones" on the 11R and usually have the mixer EQ set pretty flat.

My Guitar player also runs Direct to FOH, use the monitors like I do. For some reason though, he likes the low-mid and hi-mid boosted somewhat on the mixer. He can achieve the same thing by tweaking the 11R but he does what he does.

We are a 3 piece Blues/Rock band but shy away from really Heavy Metal stuff (we be old folk also). So, we don't get into a lot of distorted guitar, growling vocal stuff.

FRFR's are something we don't worry about. If for some reason we want something for monitoring other than the regular monitors we use, we just bring amps. It also would defeat the purpose of a quieter stage and less gear to move. Not saying to NOT get an FRFR, just don't need to do redundant setups. About the only time we actually do have amps on stage is when we are not using OUR PA and the one provided just isn't up to par. In the end though, it is all in what sounds best to you.

Hope this is helpful.