View Single Post
Old 04-15-2016, 02:36 PM

Default Re: WUP Waves Update Plan! Best Option? Please Advise.

Just got an email from Waves saying they're currently doing 25% off all WUP renewals til April 30 - don't recall them ever doing that before. My Mercury WUP finished last July so don't have the new plugs they've added since then, might just take the gamble that they bring v10 out in the next year...

Hopefully Waves Universe et al. honour the Waves offer too, might just come in under $200.

Thanks for the tip on re-WUPing after a new plug in to get the extension though, I wasn't aware of that - if I use my Presonus Waves -25% offer which also came through today to get Abbey Road plates, that should safely see me to version 10 with any luck!

And yeah, a big shout out to Waves tech support. No only do they still give you help when out of WUP, they also informed me that with the new licence centre you automatically get the latest release of your current version regardless of WUP status.

Shifting Sands Audio
www.shiftingsandsaudio.com
soundcloud.com/shiftingsands

Asus X79 Deluxe | i7 4930K @ 4.1 | 32Gb Ripjaws CL9 GBLZ | Radeon R5 230 | Win7 Pro (64) | 256Gb Samsung 850 SSD | 2x 1Tb Seagate SATA | 250Gb Samsung EVO SSD | 128 Samsung SSD | Antec 650W | ProTools 11.3.2HD, 10.3.9HD, 12.5 | Cubase 9.0.20 Pro | Nuendo 8 | Studio One 3.2 Pro | RME UFX | 2x Octopre Mkii Dynamic | Alphatrack | DTouch | Logitech G510 | Kensington Trackball | Yamaha UX256