View Single Post
Old 05-29-2017, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Anyone Using Cloud Collaboration

I realize it would help you, and many others, but I get the impression that the last thing Avid wants is better compatibility with other DAW products. They currently have the bulk of market share, but there are strong (and IMO, better) products available that would gain inroads into the market if they were more compatible and it was easier to integrate them. How long would it be before one of those other products replaced PT when frustration with crashes and bugs boiled over?

They had an opportunity to offer more compatibility with the redesign that went into PT 10/11, when they could have offered VST compatibility. Instead they chose to remain proprietary with AAX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gives View Post
Exportation of sessions to other DAW formats is a big one for me other than OMF or AAF. Just needs to be better for Pros. I usually just send the PT Selected tracks export to Dub Stage and that is good, but you always have to make sure all of your EQ's are either printed and Clip Gain Rendered for those older systems that might bring it in without automation, pan and un-rendered clip gain.

G