View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 06:27 PM

Default Re: Help digi 003 rack will not work with Protools LE 8.05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity36 View Post
I have Mac book pro Intel core 2 duo with 2 sticks of ram 1g mem per stick internal HD 200g with 130 free external drive western digital 500g FireWire with about 400 free snow leopard 10.6.8 protools 8.0.5 003r black lion audio SIG mod how do I complete clean install with what I have how do I create partition and install is successful thank you guys so much for your continued effort
Use the OS X Disk Utility to shrink the size of the internal drive boot/OS partition. Leave some minimal space (10 GB) or so spare on the current boot drive. Create a new partition (+ button). Hopefully that new 100-120GB or so partition will be large enough for a minimal install of stuff for now. Run the OS X installer you want to use (off CD-ROM or downloaded to your current boot partition) and select that new partition to install to. You are doign a whole new install not an in-situ update. Find and read full instructions for that online. Later on be sure you remember that if you want to pick what of the two installs boot up hold down the option key when you start/restart the Mac and pick the boot partition icon you want.

All this stuff is well covered on the Web. And you have to search for and read to learn what you are doing. e.g. http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/app...opard-and-lion. Nothing here is specific to Pro Tools and DUC is the wrong place to learn basic system admin stuff... but we can point you in the right direction.

Before doing any surgery like this hopefully you have some backup of all your critical files elsewhere 9especially session files, documents etc. If nothing else get them on Google Drive or similar). While messing around creating partitions, installing OS X etc. have your external drive physically disconnected from the Mac so you don't accidentally mess it up.