View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 08:21 PM

Default Re: C'mon Man!!!! (Pro Tools and Hyperthreading)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboman01 View Post
Avid needs to get off their buttocks and tweaks Pro Tools for utilizing HYPERTHREADING. We are in 2019 and PTs is the ONLY DAW I've found that has issues using HT!!!

I get all kinds of dropouts just using one single AU synth. I have an i7 4770k with 2400mhz 16gb RAM all on SSD. Also I am using El Capitan. There is no reason for this Avid, none at all. I should not have to just go into my bios just to disable HT. What bothers me, on the dropouts, I am watching my CPU utilization and they don't even touch 8%, just core 4 is being used and boom dropouts. I dont' get no errors just the normal dropout .

Avid is adding this and that with all these nice cool features but lacking HT support is just plain stupid. I've used a few other DAWs and I can tell you Pro Tools is the ONLY one that has issues with HT being on. Its just dumb. FIX this please because its getting stupid. I shouldn't have to turn of HT just to just PT 2018. I guess I need to just cut off my subscription and move on like others have done. Maybe its time to permanently move over to something else.
El cap - 3 year old os - probably the worst MACOS in recent history.
Au - not supported in PT
Non-apple computer?

I have no issues what so ever with hyper threading on my 12-core MacPro macOS 10.13.6, PT 2018.12.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.