View Single Post
Old 03-31-2015, 07:14 AM

Default Pro Tools ran fine yesterday...Now. NOTHING??

OK...Full disclosure. I bought an entire HD rig from a studio that shut down. 2 HD Accel Cards, A DIGI 192 I/O, a Control 24, a Mac G5 tower running 10.8.5, ilok key (gen 1) with Protools M-Powered and Pro Tools HD 8 installed. This setup has been running fine for 4 weeks.

Now I have a personal installation of PT 10 I wanted to try on the system because I also have an Apogee Duet. So I uninstalled PT HD 8, and installed 10. After loading 10 and realizing none of the plugins would work, I decided to go back to 8. Here's where the problem is...

The guy gave me the disk to 7.43...not 8. Then the disk didn't work. So I downloaded 7.43 from the Avid site. Installed fine. But refuses to open. I'm guessing it's not supported on 10.8.5. So a friend gives me the full PT HD8 install and I move to 8 then to 8.03cs2, exactly where I was before I started this whole process...and viola.. ProTools 8 is not authorized!!!

Now I have all the registration cards (the yellow cards) and I was able to create an ilok account and check the licenses. And sure enough, only 7.43 are on the ilok, but I've been running HD 8.03cs2 for over a month now.

So I'm at wit's end and I really need to get up and back running!! ANY SUGGESTIONS??