View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Instrument Expansion Pack Upgrade Offer Worth It?

My short answer is yes. For $249 you can't go wrong. There is nothing out there like Transfuser. But it depends on your style of music if this will be of great use for you. The drag and drop capabilities make it a real creative tool.

I love Strike. Others have said they find it difficult to use but I find its pattern based operation excellent in composing and adding accents. You can also drive it like every other "drum program" on channel 2 midi so you have the best of both worlds. If you get it, get a hold of ToonTracks Ezplayer pro which will allow you to essentially mix and match your addictive drum's kits with Strike's kits easily.

Velvet I don't use all that much but people I respect like it a lot and if you need some electric piano it's solid

Hybrid - again, not a big synth guy so I don't know.

Structure is very good. I don't agree that it can't hold a candle sonically to Kontakt. I think Kontakt gets the nod but there are some really nice sounds and really nice features in Structure. Agasin, the optimization and drag and drop features within Pro Tools is nice to have.

In any event, @ $50 an instrument it's a pretty great deal imo.

Dan