View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 01:32 PM

Exclamation Still need help: Bounces selected track but shows remaining time of longest track

Pardon my ignorance, but I think I'm missing something basic. I've tried highlighting the track I want with the grabber and I also have tried highlighting it with the Selector Tool, and every time I bounce it plays and records the track I've selected, but the remaining time is based on the longest track (i.e.: 26 minutes instead of the 5 seconds that the selected track actually plays for). The project I'm working on is to create individual mp3 files for a website to showcase the multiple voices that I do (I do over a hundred different voices).

To simplify things, it is bouncing the track selected however it thinks the total time is the time of the longest track.

Here's how I set up the recording:
1. I created one track and recorded continuous to capture all the voices.
2. For each voice I recorded, I created a separate track and used the Selector Tool to highlight the frame I wanted from the first track and then cut and pasted it to the separate track.
3. I have a Master Fader track at the bottom.
4. In order to bounce the separate tracks, I have used the grabber and highlighted the recording section that I pasted into the track. I have also highlighted the name section to the left.
5. I then select bounce, ask it to create after bounce, change file format to MP3, and create the file names, then click save. It then displays the widow that shows it is Bouncing to Disk, but the Time Remaining is based on the first track I created to capture all the voices at one time and not the track I selected.

I appreciate any help you can offer.