View Single Post
Old 09-04-2018, 05:54 AM

Default Re: looking for a digital audio desk to run with Pro Tools 2018.7

I am running 18.7 "Native" on a Dell xp with 4core i7 and 32g. I looked at the Tascam also and really liked it but for two things-fewer mic inputs than the A&H and the Qu series have been designed to work without a fan to cool power supply etc. and I wasn't too sure whether the Tascam would be noisier. Plus I like the way the Qu series implemented things like eq and panning better. The color touch screen, while not really necessary does make it easier to see things at a glance IMHO. Two things that I do find a little annoying(and this is really just picking nits): the power button is in an odd place for me to get to, and the ASIO driver does not load sometimes when I boot up my pc(which is probably a pc issue). I put a shortcut on my desktop for the Devices control panel so if it doesn't load I can force it to. It's not a big deal though. The only other thing I can say is that it does have a bit of a learning curve, the routing options are pretty deep so it can take a little menu diving and manual searching to get the setup working the way you like. I have to say that the used DM 4800 looks really good for that price, so I would definitely consider whether it fits your needs.