View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 08:27 AM

Default Re: Spinning wheel of death and Pro Tools Ultimate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
You don't have to submix in VEPro - you can run everything out to separate tracks in PT - that's the way I've always worked with VEPro & PT.

Batch re-save doesn't seem to really help - been there/tried that. Useless waste of time. The only time it may help is if a file has become fragmented or bits and bobs were placed by the installer in open holes in the file system.
Thanks for confirming this. I suspected as much. When I load a library in Kontakt, I don’t think it’s doing any searching. My installation of everything is clean and my system is only about a month and a half old. I updated everything and started from scratch. Also when you get that batch resave message, it said something about the fact that you can only use these libraries now with the newest version of Kontakt. That kind of threw me because just in case I need to load something in Kontakt 5, I wanted to preserve that option. For me everything’s cool now that I know that ProTools actually isn’t crashing on start up of a VI heavy session and I just have to wait for a minute before I hit play.