View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Audio session hard drive size?

Sample linbraries, I belive do best on a THIRD seperate hard drive.

Yeah, 80 GB is probably rather large for Protools. I just used it as a default size. You could probably make do with even 30 or 40GB. But, keep in mind, that Windows will start puking all over itself even you hard drive usage goes above 50 percent to the usable size.a default Windows XP instal is about 4GB. Protools will be abot 100MB, and plug-ins will depend on how many you have. 40GB should be a good size.

The audio drive is a drive that everything is recorded to. It can also store your older sessions. But please back up often. It will save you a lot of heartache and probably money.

The main thing about data storage, is that you want to keep it on a seperate hard drive, incase you main system drive fails. For whatever reason, I've not had any drive failure problems on a non-Operating System hard drive.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One