View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 12:35 PM

Default Pro Tools 12 HD 12.8.2 - Aux Hardware Insert problem

Hi guys,

Something weird happened last night. When using hardware inserts in aux, my PRINTED AUDIO COMES EARLIER (before) than the original signal was in the timeline. It varies from 8 to 13 samples of difference, depending on which converter I'm using the 1-8 Apollo analog or 1-8 Adat digital.

I was mixing this track from a client and decided to feed a 3 mic vocal (3 tracks) to a single mono aux and have three more auxs with distinct hardware compressors (1176, SA-2A and SSL), all of them needed from the multiple audio aligned original channels.

I was using this to first compare them. Fot this matter the latency was unnoticeable. But when I tried to blend all signals in to one sound, i started notice phase issues and had to go with the ABC thing of printing and having to correct delay compensations.

What really drives me nuts was AUDIO was actually BEFORE and after the original as a delaying in patch should show. And they also had DIFFERENT ADVANCE TIMMING regarding the interface they where using.

I read 8 samples for the ADAT connected compressors and 13 samples for the Apollo connected one.

I did corrected it manually at the delay compensation manual field, but I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT DID HAPPEN.

IS THIS A BUG???

Please help me!

i would really love to have them delayed (and not advanced) so I could setup the hardware insert delay in the prefs and don't have stop the creative process to worry about this confusing technical stuff.

I'm currently using PT 12.8.2 in a Sierra 10.12.6 Mac Pro with an BLA Modified Apollo 8 + ADA 8200 (Adat outputs) + UA 4-710d (Adat inputs). All digital synch is made through the WC from Apollo to the other unities.

Thanks!!!