View Single Post
Old 11-14-2018, 12:23 PM

Default Low Latency Monitoring different in PT 2018.10 and HD Native?

As I use Pro Tools with an RME audio interface, I am very happy Avid has finally introduced a way to turn off software monitoring.

Does this feature work the same way in HD Native? I think the manual creates some confusion ...

On p.514 there's a chapter "Low Latency Monitoring" which describes that if you select Options > Low Latency Monitoring then software monitoring for incoming audio signals on record-enabled tracks is automatically disabled.

But then it goes on: "To use Low Latency Monitoring assign each track to the selected Low Latency Monitoring Path as set in the I/O Setup Output page (see “Low Latency Monitoring” on page 60). Only tracks assigned to these outputs use Low Latency Monitoring."

That refers to HD Native only, doesn't it? Because in my PT there is no such option in the I/O Setup page.

So basically there's two kinds of "Low Latency Monitoring" options, one of which exists only in HD Native. That's kind of confusing.

Anyway, what I want to know is: Does the option "Low Latency Monitoring" in the options menu exist in HD Native too and will it disable software monitoring too? I am asking because I might be working on an HD Native system with my RME interface.