View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Best forum or resource for high end, PT compatible audio and video computer?

I'm kind of in the same spot as you other than audio is secondary to video for me. Also a couple years from retirement. Preparing hobbies to keep me busy. Photography, video and getting back into my music.

I've had that internal debate on how much to spend on a computer that will have decent performance rendering 4k. I ended up getting the new Mac Mini with 16gigs of ram and Finalcut Pro. It handles 4k with ease.

It's going to be a bit before it is officially supported but Pro Tools is working fine on it. I am currently running several Demo versions of different software trying to decide which to settle on. Each has its own strong points. Probably end up with 3. So far liking Ableton and Logic Pro for certain things.

Still, I get you are looking at a PC. Now is a difficult time, as many of the PC parts are scarce. I'd be looking at a RTX 6060 Ti video card at minimum and it is sold out everywhere. Last year my son had a new computer built. He had priced out both the built computer and the separate parts. It was slightly cheaper to have it built with the Christmas specials and it came with support and warranty. One common issue when you build is if there is an problem, sometimes you have manufacturers pointing fingers, blaming something else for the problem. My son got all the same components he would have bought himself.