Thread: Strike 1.5
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 12:24 PM

Angry Re: Strike 1.5

Help!
I’m trying to help a friend who is a newbie using DAWs. Don’t beat me up but I’m not a Pro Tools user but I understand the basics enough to lend him a helping hand. He has the M-Audio Pro Tools 8, ProFire 2696 and just purchased and downloaded Avid Strike 1.5. It took a long time to download the program and get it to recognize his iLock but it was a successful installation.
The problem that we're running into is that we are trying to trigger Strike 1.5 using his Roland V-Drum TD-3 kit. I recommended this to allow his band to mix the drums better and more control than with the V-Drum. Unfortunately his V-Drum doesn’t have the capability to change the root not from C3 to C4 which is where the Avid plays the individual drum hits. Whenever he hits any of his pads it plays one of the loops instead. Can anyone tell me how to “A” turn off the automatic loop function and most importantly “B” adjusts the software root not from C3 to C4 to correspond with his V Drum? This should be pretty simple to do but I’m stumped on this one.