View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:27 PM

Default Mbox2, PT LE, Windows 7 64bit and no sound

Hi all. I tried a few searches to see if anyone else is seeing my problem - but couldn't find anything that matches my specific scenario.

I recently bought a new Alienware Area51 computer that came with Windows 7 (64 bit), quad core processors (2.80 GHz), 6gigs of RAM, and Realtek high definition audio. Other applications play sounds just fine to both headphones & the speakers.

I just bought a new Mbox2 with PT LE 8.0.3. Installation was fine, the computer recognizes the Mbox hardware, and though I can drag sound files onto tracks in PT when I try to play them back I see the meters move but cannot hear any sound.

Device manager shows both Mbox midi and audio drivers installed. It seems that the computer is not recognizing the PT application itself from a sound perspective. When the app is open I do not see it in the volume mixer for instance.

Any ideas on what to try next? I have reinistalled the MBox drivers but should I be doing something with PT drivers or with my Win7 config? I am new to this operating system - and have never used PT.

Any and all help is much appreciated!!!

Thx
(anxious to get started)