View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 08:46 AM

Default Re: legacy PACE License Support crashes Windows 10, couldn't install Pro Tools 11 (RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevindubois View Post
Oh wow, thank you for elaborating. That's different than the errors I experienced - Pro Tools 11 never asked for TPkd.sys to be installed. I'm thinking this could be a by-product of Pro Tools 10's old 32-bit infrastructure. It was the last 32-bit version of Pro Tools, which is coded and built fundamentally differently than 64-bit applications. This might explain why it might require this older 32-bit TPkd.sys software to run it properly. But, as we figured out, the latest versions of Windows 10 cannot handle this old incompatible software.

I don't think buying updated plugins would solve this because Pro Tools 10 is fundamentally a 32-bit application and you'd run into the same issues.
Spyzie reviews
I'm really sorry to say, but it looks like there may not be a way around this one. Pro Tools 10 may actually not be compatible with the newest versions of Windows 10. I lucked out because Pro Tools 11 is fully 64-bit and doesn't actually require these legacy Interlock drivers, but still tries to force an install for some reason. Perhaps only Pro Tools 12 and up are officially compatible with Windows 10 because Avid got rid of the need to install these legacy drivers, among other reasons.

I wish Avid would offer a simple way to upgrade from 10 to 11, or 11 to 12, but I checked their website and they only seem to offer the latest version at full price. That puts people like us in an annoying position.

Not sure if this information will help you, but this talks about plugin compatability: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ility/en343311

Hope this helps and let me know what you end up doing.
My friend had the same problem. I will check out your link and show it to him. He might use this info.

Last edited by patpat22; 08-04-2020 at 02:54 AM.