Thread: Motu 16a
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 11:25 AM

mesaone,

Sharing useful information like this would be much easier if Pro Tools supported “Alt + Print Screen” like other Windows (and Mac?) applications and allowed larger jpg attachments. Any chance that you would/could use your influence to try to make that happen?

Also, it’s quite clear to me that “System Delay” is somehow related to the latency compensation that Pro Tools uses in recording sessions as well as when audio is imported into new sessions. It's also clear that, despite what the manual says(?), hardware delay is also (sometimes?) compensated without HD hardware/software. (Note that "System Delay" in my attached example shows 0 only because no track has been assigned to an output in the session.)

My "Attached Files" shows "0 views" for this attachment. Does that mean that no one can/has seen it?

Would/could you use your influence to try to get an explanation of what “System Delay really is? Or, better yet, have PT show the input and output buffer sizes and latencies provided by the audio devices’ (“interfaces’”) drivers like other DAWs do?

Pretty Please?
Amack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftStudios View Post
Okay link below for photos showing details of session. Hope it answers everyones questions. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3o63d2xuz...KZ5gaWona?dl=0

Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ASIO4ALL 96kHz.pdf (214.4 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Amack; 05-25-2015 at 04:59 PM. Reason: To fix when "System Delay" gets initialized and Attachment view question