View Single Post
Old 08-07-2002, 09:45 AM

Default Re: a note from Mackie about the Mackie control

I am interested in purchasing the mackie board but am waiting to see if support is added to logic and protools since i am going to be using both as well as digital performer. I think it would be great if Digi released a product similar to this and as expandable. But if it only worked with Protools than I would not buy it.
Alot of us work with a multitude of front ends at this point and probably more to come. We need universal support. This is what pisses me off most about Digidesign and is the reason why I am buying logic (since it seems to support more standards than anything although I hope this continues with the Apple take over)

As far as the Mackie board goes, I love the size factor. I can put it right on top of my keyboard and have access to my computer keyboards, my nordlead, faders, command, all at arms length. i have been waiting for something like this forever.

What has Digi gained by this proprietory stance? Apple used to be this way and now they are supporting openstandards (as well as trying to set them) and they are in a better financial place than years (relatively)