View Single Post
Old 03-03-2004, 03:50 PM

Default Should I buy an Mbox???

Hi,

I am a digi001 user, who wants a mobile recording setup. I purchased my digi001 almost three years ago and to this day I only use one audio input for my synth and another for my mic plus the midi in. Plus the monitor outs for my Reveals. I currently use a G4 power mac. I am really pleased how it performs and the sound quality is great. However I feel it's a waste that I don't use half of the inputs and outputs when I can have something mobile and small because I really dont have space for a lot of junk including monitors. Ive been reading reviews on the Mbox and I am having diffuclties understanding the monitoring and latency issues. Basically I just want to record audio and midi tracks one at a time. I want to know if i'll be able to use some small edirol monitors(digital speakers) to listen to everything thats going on in pro tools while I record. Is it true that the Mbox dosen't have a volume control? Will the latency issue hinder the way I work? I understand I'll need a midi interface. I will be using the Mbox on my powermac G4 in the meantime, until I purchase a powerbook. How do some of you use your Mbox, and how satisfied are you with it? I'd appreciate any words of advice before I end up taking the plunge. Thanks in advance!

Eddie