View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Alt+Shift+3 not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bond View Post
Always use the correct tool for the job!
https://youtu.be/R_FoFbAyVQk
Stephen
Now that's what I call tech support ;-) LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebjazz View Post
I guess I'm an idiot?!?
I shouldn't post here?
WTF??!

I'm just asking for some help. I thought this was the right place. Apparently I'm below everyone here. I'm just doing the best that I can.
On a more serious note, it certainly wasn't my intention to trigger an emotional reaction of self-doubt, self-deprecation, and feelings of unworthiness of being a member of this holy and sacred institution - the DUC.

As the infamous Danny once said:
"Find your neutral space. You got a rush. It'll pass. Be seated."

You've been a member since 2010, so you are obviously no Pro Tools novice. Simply work the problem. I assume this keystroke has worked for you in the past, so ask yourself what has changed. Did you recently do a software update of either system or Avid software ? If system updates have been performed, make sure that no system-level control panel (such as those found on the mac) have hijacked that particular keystroke. I see that you are using a PC, but Apple do this all the time with major system updates, and I find myself simply disabling one-by-one all of the Apple default keystrokes/shortcuts in System Prefs/Keyboard/Keyboard Shortcuts. There must be a PC version of this, so even though I know nothing about PC's I'm sure you do by now.

If that doesn't work, can you revert back to an earlier version of software and see if it works ? I always make a clone of my system before performing software updates so that it is easy to revert back if something is broken. I also have a multi-boot system, so that I can simply reboot from another partition if something is not working to test if the problem remains. If it works in another partition, then the problem is not hardware-based - it is software.

… and I assume that you're using the correct "3" key, yes ? Not the numeric keypad.