View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 08:01 PM

Default Re: -9173 Error Finally Gone?

......anyways..... I have consistent AAE 9173 along with 9171 errors on any system I work on. I travel and work in studios in NY, LA, Atlanta, London, yada yada. All different Macs, Mac Pro 5,1 or 6,1, also on my 2018 maxed out 6 core i9 32 gb ram Mojave 10.14.5. and on my old Mid 2012 4 core i7 16gb ram.

Even on high Sierra and Sierra. Fresh installs or upgraded OSs, it doesn't matter, they all give me 9173 or 9171 when I specifically using Auto Tune Pro. I get buttery smooth performance when I switch to Auto tune Live or EFX+. Currently on emails with both Avid and Antares and they make me wanna flip the freaking table! They're so oblivious and just tell me to do optimizations, like no sh## I've obviously done that! that's why Im calling you. And I can only talk to "support staff", Technicians at both companies refuse to talk over the phone. Its so frustrating. I was using PT 10 HD with Auto tune 5 and it was heaven and I could record with confidence. Now I'm sweating bullets. My cpu usage is at 2% because I'm always using beasty studio optimized Macs with high core counts and usually no less than 32 gb of ram.

And before you get on bashing using Auto tune, shut the f*** up. Im a rap/hip hop engineer, this is my life, every session has auto tune in it. Anyways I will update if I find a fix or if any of these dingus's respond with a reasonable answer.

Sorry for sounding so harsh, I ve been with support and reading forums for so long now and I'm venting.