View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 03:26 PM

Default No more HD Native PCIe card?

Nobody here thinks you are an idiot for being confused about USB-C connectors, it is inherently confusing and vendors and the USB implementers forum did an awful job of avoiding this confusion. But I am having trouble understanding when the issue is explained to you you not getting it, it's not complex, it's just not obvious.

I just do not understand how you can be confused about the explanation. That is not picking on you, its a statement of fact, I just do not get it.

And had you linked to an article or thread where people were saying something wrong or contradictory then I could have understood why you might be confused--but you linked to a thread clearly talking about Thunderbolt 3 ports. I skimmed it, seemed clear but if there was a specific statement there that confused you then maybe you want to ask about that?

Instead of posting here and asking the same question multiple times then complaining when people try to help you could try googling these terms or looking up these technologies on Wikipedia--it covers all of them well. And if you have a specific detailed question then ask that.

It is not just USB-C, although that is the most complicated one by far. But USB-A, USB-B, USB-C, Micro-USB (strictly Micro USB-B), etc all refer to the *physical connector*. USB 1.0, USB 2.0, USB 3.0, USB 3.1, Thunderbolt 3, different video standards, etc. refer to data protocols running on those connectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 05-23-2018 at 03:47 PM.