View Single Post
Old 06-16-2020, 08:00 PM

Default Re: Scarlett 2i4 pops/drops/clicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You are a long away from justifying a drive reformat.

Are the click in the recording or happening on playback? (edit: I see clearly on playback)
No, the clicks and glitches are not getting recorded
Quote:
You tried disk cache... but don't leave it set to "normal" set it to a size that will fully cache your session. Look on the cache meter to see it go green. they start working in the session once it's fully loaded. Now it's set to the best it can be. No other setting makes sense unless you start to run out of memory.
I've tried 9, 12, 20 gig

Quote:
Common cause of headphone "crackles" is faulty headphone socket connections or damaged headphone cable/wiring or sometime RF interference from cell phones, etc.. Are you sure that is not happening here. And it's also not a microphonic headphone volume knob. Give them all a good wiggle.
Quote:
What sample rate are you running at?
48k/24
Quote:

Are you using the interface directly or via an aggregate device? Check Pro Tools has not opened an aggregate device, don't assume (and don't use/get rid of the aggregate).
Direct.
Quote:

Are you recording to the USB 3 Glyph. What file system? Remove the Glyph drive and try a session off the internal SSD (which will outperform the Glyph so much it's silly)... but I'll eat my hat if the disk is at fault but mostly I just want it removed because its an electrical peripheral connected to the computer.
Yes. Extended Journaled

Quote:
What macOS version?
High Sierra 13.4.

Quote:
What buffer size are you running at now? What happens in you increase that?
Happens at 256, 512, 1024

Quote:

If increasing buffer fixes it it might be a plugin issue... and you might need to end up troubleshooting plugins.
IMDB
LinkedIn