View Single Post
Old 01-06-2021, 07:23 AM

Default Re: is it possible to connect a quantum 4848 to Control24?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SERGIO NARANJO View Post
Thanks Dave for your detailed and valuable information.

I understand what you say about the Mic preamps of the Control 24, but Im trying to rescue some of my current equipment PT HD10 and 192 i/o, due to the hard situation we are living. I´m forced do an upgrade of my computer because the current one is and old one and is failing.

My idea is to install a MacMini with Thunderbolt ports, using PT 2020 and Control 24 with Nyrinck software using Quantum 4848. That being the case, could I expect Control 24 to work the same way as it does with my current equipment?

Or do you think it would be a better idea to get rid of the Control 24 and install a Quantum 2632 plus a Quantum DigiMax DP88, for 16 analog inputs in total? I think this because the cost of the Q4848 is equivalent to the cost of these last 2 interfaces.

Thank you very much for your help.

Hi,

Have you got the Nyrinck app? if not you can demo it. it does most of what the direct control does but there are a few differences.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.