Thread: 12.7 Plug-Ins
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:35 AM

Default Re: 12.7 Plug-Ins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post

If you own these they should be available via my.avid.com/products and Application Manager.
It's not quite as clear cut as that Jeffro.

Those of us who got plugins bundled with Music Production Toolkit, Complete Production Toolkit and Producer Factory Pro (those are the ones I have experience of) don't have all the the plugins listed in their Avid accounts. The toolkits are listed, but not all the plugins that came as part of the bundle.

In my case that includes Space, X-Form, Sound Replacer, Classic Compressors Bundle, Fairchild Bundle, Moogerfooger Bundle, Joe Meek Compressor and Meequilizer, Voce Bundle, Tel-Ray Delay, Smack, and more that are now obsolete.

I did ask a while back about getting them added to my account, but was told they only appear in the account if they've been purchased individually, not if they came as part of a bundle.

Kinda makes me feel like a second class citizen for these products.

I really only use Space and X-Form regularly, and Moogerfooger occasionally. I 'might' have a use for the Voce bundle and Tel-Ray Delay on rare occasions. I can't see myself using any of the others nowadays, I'd much rather use my UAD compressors, and Drumagog suits me much better than Sound Replacer.

It would be nice to have all my owned plugins listed in my account.

Even second hand plugins, if bought using the proper paid for transfer of ownership process, should appear in people's accounts in my view.

I don't see any reason why an individual's Avid account shouldn't list everything they legitimately own.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)