View Single Post
Old 02-24-2021, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Bug of the week: HDX offline bounce different from online bounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingleDjango View Post
Sidechain delay compensation is meant to be an exclusive feature of the HDX mixer. In my opinion that's complete BS but it is what is. Avid have proposed they would make the Hybrid Mixer available to HDX users so I'm curious to see how they reconcile the two feature sets in an augmented Native mixer. Could it force Avid's hand into extending full delay compensation to regular users? Will they aggravate HDX card owners by neglecting to implement it? Or will they take pains to keep it HDX exclusive? I imagine that would mean maintaining separate versions of the mixer just to placate a very niche segment of the user-base.
I'd be extremely surprised if sidechain delay compensation were a "premium" feature that HDX users feel possessive over. I imagine it would actually be the opposite - if I were an HDX user and I had to exchange sessions with other users who may or may not have access to an HDX rig depending on where they're working and whether they're at their own machine, I'd be pretty frustrated that the timing might be different when someone else opens the session than it is for me.