View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools HD Distorted Audio Only On Left Side

Hi, thank you for the reply! I have been through the entire signal chain and replaced every component in the chain and tested multiple ways both on the digital side and analogue. My only conclusion is that there is an issue with my Pro Tools I/O.

Let me try to outline my setup and troubleshooting steps:

(Input should not matter, I have a plethora of clean audio files to test with) -> (new session, clean install, no plugins) -> db25 to TRS cable (tried 3 different cables to be safe) -> Mackie mixer (substituted with 2 other mixers) -> amp/speakers (substituted with another amp and speakers, two different pairs of high end headphones)

All combinations of this signal chain point to the I/O as far as I can figure. Again I apologize for not having good enough info to be helped, I am not super familiar with you forum! Please let me know if additional info would be helpful!

Also I would appreciate any information on avid's technical support process, is there any way to initiate that without buying a service ticket and if not what does that service ticket cover? Thanks again!