View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Digidelivery and Server issue

Quote:
I have a business static IP address with my ISP, so I think that I can get another IP address. In that case, would it be in the router where I specify that IP #1 goes one direction and IP #2 goes another direction.
Each router is a little different here but yes that is basically where the specification occurs. If it puts up a fight for you, consider just using the "DMZ" mode or whatever your router calls it and put the DD server in a "DMZ". If you go this way, you'll need to undo all that DD server port forwarding that you're doing now. So...

1. DMZ mode - the DD server will just be at an external IP (one of your static IPs) without any NAT'g so the DD server's IP address would be the static address. You and all remote users would access it using that single IP which would be one of your static IPs. You would do no port forwarding since there ins no NAT'g going on...

--or--

2. NAT mode - The DD server would have a private (192, 172 or 10) address, the router would translate from one of the static IPs to that private address, and you'd need to set port forwarding (as you're probably doing now) to map anything coming in on static IP A port x to go to that same port on the private side.

Chris