View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 05:51 PM

Default Lost Communication With Audio Interface -6097

I have a DIGI 002 and a 3rd Generation Dual 2 GHz PowerPC G5 Power Mac running Mac OS 10.5.8. I just upgraded to Pro Tools LE 8.0.1cs2 from 7.4.x. Now, when I open a session with a moderate amount of plug-ns, Pro Tools is immediately sluggish and unresponsive, I get the spinning cursor which is also unresponsive, and I eventually get an error message that says "Lost Communication with Audio Interface... -6097" The message says to try increasing HW buffer size or reducing the number of RTAS plug-ins. I tried doing those things, and it didn't help. I went through the troubleshooting thread and did all the things it said to maximize my system performance - that didn't help. I made sure that I didn't have any old versions of any plug-ins installed - that didn't help. I did a bunch of other things that were suggested in the troubleshooting thread which didn't help either. I found a thread where someone suggested decreasing the number of processors in the playback engine to 1 instead of 2 - that didn't help. I also found a thread where someone suggested that it may be a problem with firewire ports, so I spent some time trying different configurations of plugging in my DIGI 002 and my LaCie firewire 400/800 drive - this didn't help either. Can someone please help me? As it is now, my Pro Tools system is virtually un-useable.