View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 05:01 AM

Default Re: What is missing: First - ??? - Ultimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltastudio View Post
I Like LDS Naming I vote for that.
Peace

Unofficial names never bothered me as long as it's clear what is being referred to. The thing is Pro Tools has become a generic name for the program like for adhesive tape (where people pretty much refer to any such product as Scotch tape even though it may not be made by 3M Company). It also conveys that it belongs to a family of programs. A lot of the ongoing problem would be having everyone use the same nomenclature and that isn't going to happen. Think of it this way - when one says 'Mac Pro' people pretty much understand which model you're referring to when you add the modifier words 'trashcan', 'iTrashcan' and cheesegrater. Who really keeps up with the official Apple reference using the year?

I think the name Pro Tools Ultimate is a Forrest Gumpian name - stupid is as stupid does. For some it might not be the ultimate PT version especially if you don't need or want all the tools available in that version. But then how do you name something so that it's not condescending to those who use a specific version? Do you call it PT Moe, Larry and Curly ?

I wish I had a set of names that would work but like I said: the trick is getting everyone to use those same names.

QAPLA!