View Single Post
Old 01-25-2018, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Midi "Greyed Out" on Instrument track

Ok, here is something that may be of interest:
After posting last night, I have struck on the following which has resolved my problem with the greyed out midi in the idea session I'm working on. This is a breakdown of what I did:
1: Opened up the session (Superior Drummer 3 grooves already pasted into my stereo instrument track). Clips greyed out.
2: Open Instrument view on stereo instrument track "All" selected, and "Instrument 1" states SD3 is selected via midi channel 1. Clips now Blue.
3: I then created a new MIDI track (which automatically had "All" and SD3 routed to midi channel 2 in the I/O section.
4: I then dragged the clips from the stereo instrument track, to the midi track, hit play which was absolutely fine. The groove played back normally.
5: I then re-dragged the midi back to the stereo instrument track, hit playback, all ok.
6: I then saved and closed the session, quit Protools, then re-booted the session and hey presto the clips on the stereo instrument track was no longer grey and played back perfectly.
7: I then deleted the midi track I'd created, closed and saved the session and quit Protools again. Re-opened session all ok, no Greyed out midi for me!!

I have spent the day booting up old sessions where the midi was greyed out, did what I've mentioned earlier and all have since loaded up with no Greyed out midi.
I have absolutely no idea as to why this seems to have put a stop to the Greyed out midi, but it has and that is all I was concerned about.
Just thought I'd post this to see if anyone else has the same luck that I did.

Last edited by South25; 01-28-2018 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Error in step 6, "blue" should read "grey".