View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 AM

Default Re: East West PT 11 crash issue

I am sorry that you feel we are hard on you but when you say you want help and help is given you can't close your eyes and say - I can't afford a working system so Avid is at fault for not making a DAW that works for everyone. The System requirements from Avid is the minimum for a working system and if you don't have that your setup won't work with Pro Tools, It isn't Avids fault that some manufacturers make powersaving and underspec'ed hardware that don't work with Pro Tools. I do feel your pain and dissapointment but getting annoyed at the people who knows how to get you up and running won't help your cause.

To use Pro Tools (Industry Standard) means you have to have a Good working system, Using less than what some developers require will not work and if we say what you need to change something, that is probably because we know that that particular gear will just cause issues for you, Lots of members here don't have million dollar studios, in fact there are a select few who have that and the rest have basic setups and working everyday with those setups. The difference is they have invested in gear that they know will do the Job correctly so changing a few harddrives and getting a memory stick that meets your needs won't break the bank if you have an income on your studio (you mentioned clients)

I hope you take this the right way and see why we give you the info we do and it has nothing to do with calling anyone out or saying your studio isn't worthy, just that PT requires a few tweeks and the correct harddrives and thats about it

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————