View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 05:12 AM

Default Access Violation Errors

Hello there!

I recently went over to PTHD from being a very long time Cubase user (15 years). And I must say I'm very impressed by how everything is working, especially since I've NEVER had any good experiences on PC before PT11.

Now, I'm running HD on three different systems and for the most part it's going very smoothly but on all systems I am running into these very irritating Access Violation Errors and I've been trying to trouble shoot this for the last three months but have had zero luck tracing it down.

More experienced people have said that it's usually up to plugins or bad install of the OS and or PTHD on PC that causes these issues. I've managed to rule out it being up to any plugins since I've had the errors in sessions with zero plugins as well.

The size of a session seems like it could have something to do with it, that is the more channels and media in any one session, the more frequent the issue seems but it's come up on very small sessions as well so I guess this is just up to chance.

The three systems I've got going are two Win10 based and one Win7. My older Win7 system although not error free seems to run twice as stable though. And of course I'm having the issues on the same sessions on all systems.

This is all on PTHD 12.8.x

Any ideas?
I've done all the preference trashing etc over all systems and nothing has helped so far.