View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 08:37 AM

Default Re: Ua dfc

Thanks for explaining how it works for you - I think circumstances are the biggest factor.

I work at one place a lot, and from home, and in other facilities from time to time.

The place I work mostly we need to have full session compatibility across several machines and rooms as we are almost permanently premixing and providing temps then finals on features at every stage over long periods of time. So UAD wouldn’t make sense there without a lot of investment.

For other projects which tend to move between home and mix stages, it’s potentially worth it for me to get access to a good number of plug ins - although nothing I can’t do currently. I’m kind of interested to do a mix with the DFC plug in just for the hell of it, so I can see for myself if there is any ‘magic’ there and have better informed arguments with people who defend the DFC ‘sound’. And as you say, there are a lot more interesting plug ins on the platform - the 480L and others.

It got my interest, I’ll need to go and listen to some of these plug ins in person to make a decision it seems.

Rob Walker AMPS