View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 10:37 PM

Thumbs down a FUKCING NIGHTMARE

Well, I just conquered this problem. This is what caused it and how I fixed it in the exact order...

• I upgraded from a G5 to a Mac Pro.
  • I used the Migration Assistant to transfer my account.
  • Pro Tools bitched about the Pace crap or whatever so I downloaded and installed that.
  • Then it cried for my Authorization Code so I spend an hour trying to figure out my "My Digi" login/email/password combination, found it but was redirected to the Avid website, where I got the code and applied it.
  • Then NI and a bunch of other plug-ins whined about not being able to find the instrument folders when they're RIGHT THERE in the Applications folder, so I had to select all those.
  • Then I go to create a New Session and Pro Tools tells me: "Session must be on an audio record volume. If permitted, set the volume(s) in question to "R" (record) in the Workspace."
  • So I go to the stupid Workspace or whatever and start trying to change the P's to R's on all 6 of my hard drive (4 internal, 2 external FireWire) and once again, Pro Tools gives me these great words of wisdom: "Macintosh HD cannot be designated as an audio record volume because it is not a valid audio volume"
  • Then I download and install the Pro Tools 7.3.1cs5 update from Avid and that doesn't work.
  • So then I reinstall 7.3 from the original disk, apply the 7.3.1cs5 thingy, run the prebinding script, repair my permissions, musicians all gone home, enter my Authorization Code again and it works.
Waiting on computers, I'M WAITING TO THE DAY I DIE!

Yea, this mess is completely merited. I totally pirated Pro Tools. That's why I have the fukcing installation disks and a $3,000 dongle with crappy preamps and some faders.

Do they got a 64-bit version of this crapware yet?