View Single Post
Old 04-26-2019, 03:27 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanonbass View Post
I am fine with being charged money if the product I am receiving is worth the cost. Its just not.

We are 4 months into the year and still no new version of protools. And what features are we getting for 400 a year? I am seriously wanting my money back at this point. They just don't have their crap together it seems. I might move to a totally different system soon. Cubase and studio one are looking more and more like something I will consider soon.

I could have kept my money and canceled the subscription and be in the exact same place I am now. On the same version. 2018.12.
As a PT user, if you can ever get used to S1's disastrous GUI that just keeps getting worse with each version (it is a visual cacophony), I would be very surprised.. PT is so neat and tidy by comparison and easy to use.
However, Cubase is a very strong DAW.. I will warn you though, Cubase can not do automation sample accurately with any plugin under any circumstance.. The timing drifts all over the place and even depends on the buffer size of your audio interface.. So if you record at 32 and decide to go to 1024 to mix for example, the automation will have different timing. Pro Tools is spot on in this regard. Logic and Cubase are completely broken in this regard, especially when using plugins that need delay compensation.. So.. just a heads up as I have used it extensively and it's a well known issue.

On the other hand, of course it is ridiculous that is is almost May and not even a PT sub release, and also that folders did not come in 2018 AS PROMISED.. i am wondering if there is any point ever renewing pro tools again in my lifetime.
I am sick and tired of 32 inputs and I can not afford over 20 thousand AUD for a proper HDX system.. so the reason I am not here much anymore is that I am tending to use Logic again.. the daw I used for 20 years.. as better the devil you now.. I know it has a serious automation issue and does not have selectable midi input per channel which drives me insane, but it does everything else I need.. I still use PT if I want to use a lot of UAD plugins as the automation stays in time, or of it's a heavy audio based project.