View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Definitive answer on CPTK1 upgrade to PT11HD?

To not allow CPTK owners to upgrade, but only CPTK2 owners, would be absolutely outrageous, for one specific reason.

The reason is ... CPTK2 was not an upgrade of CPTK1, there was never an upgrade path offered.

People who bought CPTK at the '1' stage, were not asked, nor given the opportunity, to 'upgrade' to CPTK2.

Functionally, the two are the same, except that certain plugins provided as part of CPTK1 were dropped from the CPTK2 lineup.

For example a licence for DigiTranslator was included in the CPTK1 bundle, because at that time OMF/AAF import and export was a premium feature. But when PT9 was released, this became a standard feature of PT, so the licence was no longer needed as part of the CPTK2 bundle.

TL Space Native Reverb was, I think, also dropped from the CPTK2 lineup, but we got it with CPTK1. Well I got it with the Music Production Toolkit, prior to upgrading to CPTK, but I believe it was included in CPTK1, which was a combination of MPTK and the DV Toolkit.

I cannot believe it to be true that CPTK1 owners will not be allowed to upgrade, if they choose. There would be absolutely no sense or logic to such a move, and it would undoubtedly inflame the current CPTK situation much further.