View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:46 AM

Default Re: Best way to handle Punch In (PT 12)

hi Heysimo, 1st off you Quoted me instead of the guy that advised you read the manual .. right !!! yes ..

and you said there is nothing in the manual regarding this situation .. right !!

2nd, My Post that you did quote above, was how you are speaking to people that are trying to understand your workflow and ideas for a better workflow .. you are not being nice, and hence people are not going to be of help .. does not work that way .. right !!! Yes .. would you speak to us face to face like that .. probably not, right !!!

so Respectfully, lets enjoy this conversation please .. !!!

this could be a language thing - which can happen .. but there are some contradictions that i will point out to try and Clarify what WE are Reading ..

now to try and help again .. for Clarity ..

1) "half song recorded; we have to punch in to record the second half; they need to hear the recorded and themselves at the same time"

2) "When I arm a track, I don't want anything to come out of Pro Tools, cause I am listening through the board"

#1 says you need to hear the recorded and themselves
#2 says you do not want anything to come out of Pro Tools, you wish to hear through your console ..

see the confusion that we are Reading ???

so you MIGHT just have to reword your Workflow so we understand a little better, if you are not getting the answers or ideas that you would like ..

make sense ???

"If not interested, just don't reply!" of course i would not Reply if NOt interested .. if i was not interested i would not have replied with my Quoted Comments .. to help you get some help by being a little nicer to people .. again face to face i highly doubt you would speak to anyone like this that you thought might give them some help ..

peace as well to you ..

cheers john

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro