View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 03:37 PM

Default Re: tweaking a PowerPC G5 & virtual drums

Thanks for your comments.

My PowerPC G5 has a dual 2.5GHz processor, and can hold 8GB of RAM. The PowerPC G5 quad processor machines can hold 16GB of RAM. In many cases, you can never have too much RAM, but how effective it is will depend on the applications you use, and your work flow. I don't have a link that explains what features of PTLE will utilize more RAM, but I believe it can help with some plug-ins. The 2GB chips for my G5 run around $80-100, which is fairly inexpensive.

When using DrumCore, what is a typical number of tracks and plug-ins for you? Which of the 3 VI drum instruments you mentioned put the biggest strain on your system?

cheers, Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshevo View Post
hey dude i got a G5 powermac and running 8.1 with 2 gig ram and it does exactly what i need but i wouldnt mind knowing some tweaks etc also i didnt think the g5s supported more than 4 gig ram? and would it be worth me getting more ram for it? but like i said i have run Drum core on a full VI session that runs fine on mine, also BFD and the best one i have ever used is Addictive Drums!! they are just the best!!! hope that helps a bit lol