View Single Post
Old 12-28-2009, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 10th Anniversary!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingFish View Post
Ya, it was alot Smaller - I came in about 2002 Lurking, and occasionally posting under 3 or 4 different handles / Usernames until I settled on KingFish

I really disappeared around 2006 - 2008 from here... then I bought an HD system for at home, and kind of got excited about "New pro tools stuff" again.

The D.U.C's "Regulars" in the last few years, seems to have grown, from about 20 or so of us, to maybe 150+ new regulars - it's a real different sense of community now - seems that everyone has a proTools system at home now, with all the M-Powered options, and Essentials, the "Serious intensity" of the users, even hobbyists, seems watered down alot by "How do I hear anything through this thing" and posts alike.

I used to use the "New Posts" search feature, and in 2003 - 2004 it felt like I'd always be engaged in 15 - 20 threads. Nowdays, I usually pipe in on 2 or 3 a week, let a week or two pass, post a new thread once a month or so.

Anyways, nice to see some old friends.
I remember when you started your own forum and a lot of us jumped ship to there for a while. I also remember you posting a practice PT session for everyone, and in fact I probably still have it on my old 001 rig!! Also in 6.0 we had bad BTD problems, and our unanswered 7401 threads!

We used to walk uphill, both ways on the old DUC, through snow!! And we didn't have a cute little duck at the top of the forum to keep us all calm.

Though we did have the bar and grill and afterwards the tea shop.

Long live the 001!!!